Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I like single tank diving

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Padi should adopt this configuration

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
you're still misreading what i wrote. most people who use ponys don't appreciate that their first stage may be leaking, they may not be able to reach their valve, they don't know the pressure, they don't know if their reg is free-flowing, they may not be able to reach their reg, etc, etc. if you're diving a pony slung like a stage or deco bottle and know how to use it, then you're probably past all that. most people who have that all figured out are diving doubles instead, though. that's all that i was saying.

If someone can't manipulate their redundant configuration items then they won't benefit from them. There's not big surprise in that, whether it be doubles, pony's spare air or your buddy's octopus.

Making the assertion that doubles divers *can* (or are "better" than all that) and singles divers with a pony *cannot* is completely preposterous trash-talking crap.

As for the pony, the only real issue is capacity. If it's configured correctly and it's big enough then that's that.

Having said that (perhaps ironically after what I just said) I use doubles and stages on any dive over the NDL's and a single with a double valve on balance when within the NDL.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom