Pony bottle weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tkojis

Registered
Reaction score
Im not here to debate the pros or cons of pony bottles or what size I should be using. What I want to know is.....How will a 13 cf pony bottle affect my wieghting? I use it primarily with a compressed neoprene drysuit in fresh,cold (40-60 degree) water. I use approx. 28 pounds of weight in most cases. Thanks for the response!

I’m weighted to be neutrally buoyant near the surface, with no air in the BC, for whichever is the worst case of either main tank near empty with the pony detached or with both the main tank and pony near empty.

Since the pony with regulator is about 2 pound negative when empty, the worst case is with the pony detached. So I ignore the pony in regards to weighting. As to trim, I like to shift one pound from the left (where the pony is stage slung) to the right. The pony is about 5 pounds negative when full. With the pony full and attached I’m skewed three pounds to the left, and with the pony detached, two pounds to the right.

Hope this helps.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom