Pony bottle w/1st stage built into DIN valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrySuitDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles, where the debris meets the sea
The other day I saw on the Internet somehwere a small pony bottle that had a built in 1st stage to the DIN valve, which saves some weight and offers some simplicity.

I can't seem to find where I saw it, so if others have seen it and can provide a link, you would be the "bomb"

DrySuitDave:
The other day I saw on the Internet somehwere a small pony bottle that had a built in 1st stage to the DIN valve, which saves some weight and offers some simplicity.

I can't seem to find where I saw it, so if others have seen it and can provide a link, you would be the "bomb"

Abyss sells these for argon bottles. They are always on and require an adapter to fill.
I personally would not use one for a pony/deco bottle if the same thing.

MD

MechDiver:
Abyss sells these for argon bottles. They are always on and require an adapter to fill.
I personally would not use one for a pony/deco bottle if the same thing.

MD

I just found this again......what is your opinion?

DrySuitDave:

Different item than I was thinking about. I can't see any reason for buying this thing. If you put it on a tank big enough to be useful, you wouldn't be able to use it.

If you want to rig up a pony bottle, do it correctly so it will be useful.

MD

Get yourself a real pony bottle, valve and regulator. Yes, it costs more. But its better...

DrySuitDave:

What's the advantage over a stage slung pony?
I can see many disatvantages.

Mike

It's cute but what would you use it for?

It looks like a great paper weight.

If it is going to be in your mouth then the spareAir is about as big as you can use. If it is going to have enough gas to be useful in *diving* then a slung stage with a real regulator is a much better way to go.

Abyss is running a special on the argon suit inflation system for Christmas.

Hey, you guys need to think outside the box.

About 20 of these would be great for the ammo belt configuration somebody suggested a month or two ago for Spare Airs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom