Pony Bottle Location Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sling it, just sling. Sling, just sling it. Whooooooo (sung to the tune of Just Beat It by Michael Jackson)

I removed the Pony Tamer from my tanks and have been slinging since last year. I can't even find someone to buy my Pony Tamer

DaleC:6246927:
We don't all agree.

I guess you have to agree or the thread will go on forever. Funny how divers get so sensative about gear configuration. Ill continue to do it my way as you will yours. Good luck and safe diving.

Beware the entanglement risk!

The DS hose is coming off of my pony Oh No. Sooooo much task loading....

No one said you were going to die from having a LP hose on a pony, but that doesn't mean that every configuration is created equal either. If you don't have a port for the LP hose on your reg becuase your diving vintage gear, then yea put it on your pony. The point is that for most divers, having a LP hose on the pony is a solution looking for a problem.

Same as your long hose. Route it around the back of you neck when ready to use.

That seems like an extra unnecessary step when you need to breathe from the pony. From the right it's a straight shot and you only need a short hose. Also the SPG and inflator hose is on the left. I'm still not sure why people are recommending left side for the pony.

Currently watching Princeton vs Brown basketball, but since it's half time.....

The hose is locked/streamlined behind you neck and not flapping in front of you. Less chance of catching something and nocking it out of you mouth.

I agree that we should all dive the way we want. What I find interesting is how many should and shouldn't get passed about with little real basis in reality. If a LP hose on a pony is going to cause a burden on a recreational dive then I suggest the problem lies with the diver and not the gear.
I know a diver who slings right,
I sling left,
another guy I know backmounts his pony...
We all get along.

PS, breathing off a left mounted tank is easy. Just bend the reg hose so it points right side up.

deleted

-probably because (in tech) "Right is Rich" meaning highest O2 ALWAYS on the right. Streamlines thinking in "OH S**T" moments.

Eh.. not always. And going to the wrong bottle (because of conventions like that) can end in tears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom