Pony bottle harness/side mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good afternoon. I’ll be going down to the keys in a few weeks to dive the wrecks. Solo certified, but don’t have my own bottle yet. When I got solo certified, I used a side mount sling type that hooked to my BC on two clasps. I’m not having any luck finding the name of that type of harness however. ( searching divers direct). I called, but they said they’d have to get back with me to see if they carried. I’m betting they do, but that I’m searching the wrong wording.
Does anyone know what that’s called, or a good site to buy one from?

Good afternoon. I’ll be going down to the keys in a few weeks to dive the wrecks. Solo certified, but don’t have my own bottle yet. When I got solo certified, I used a side mount sling type that hooked to my BC on two clasps. I’m not having any luck finding the name of that type of harness however. ( searching divers direct). I called, but they said they’d have to get back with me to see if they carried. I’m betting they do, but that I’m searching the wrong wording.
Does anyone know what that’s called, or a good site to buy one from?

Most use a stage rigging like this on pony bottles...

DGX Premium Webbing Stage Strap Kit

Plenty of variations on it, can make your own with some rope, tubing, worm clamps, and bolt snaps...but that's an off the shelf option

why not something like the Shark Pony Mount :

Thats what I use.

standard-pony-tank-bracket-4.jpg

You just need a stage strap kit. @Rollin Bonz shared a link to one on Dive Gear Express website. Here is there entire page that lists various different stage strap options:

Tank Strap Kits - Hose Retainers

Assuming you can rent a smaller aluminum cylinder (AL19/30/40) you would want a strap kit for a 5" cylinder. If you are going to rent an AL80 to carry as your pony you will need a strap kit for a 7" cylinder.

Most use a stage rigging like this on pony bottles...

DGX Premium Webbing Stage Strap Kit

Plenty of variations on it, can make your own with some rope, tubing, and bolt snaps...but that's an off the shelf option
Thanks! That’s the one. I’ve never purchased from dive gear express. Do they have pretty good prices?

You just need a stage strap kit. @Rollin Bonz shared a link to one on Dive Gear Express website. Here is there entire page that lists various different stage strap options:

Tank Strap Kits - Hose Retainers

Assuming you can rent a smaller aluminum cylinder (AL19/30/40) you would want a strap kit for a 5" cylinder. If you are going to rent an AL80 to carry as your pony you will need a strap kit for a 7" cylinder.
Thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom