Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Miami diving operators and cheap clean hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(we got shutout due to high seas every day we tried).

Yeah, we've been blown off a few times... The weather is always a big variable in January. Here's hoping for calm winds--or offshore winds if we have to have them! :)

I'm not averse to shore dives. We'll have all our own gear except for tanks, and if we need to rent some, so be it. I'm open to any suggestions for shore diving in the area: I'd love to have some options in our back pocket!

I've been out with South Florida Dive Headquarters many times, and have never had a bad experience.
I thought the management and the staff were great, and the boats well-maintained and comfortable.

Diversity is also a top choice of mine, and I have been out with ScubaTyme twice, with positive experiences.

So if you want to go diving, let us know and we'll see what we can work out with you!

After doing some more research, we've decided to go with Miss Conduct Charters: Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters. We're signed up for two trips on Friday, two or three trips Saturday (including a night dive) and two trips Sunday, January 20 - 22, 2012.

On Saturday morning I want to dive the Captain Dan, but that dive is beyond my daughter's ability. So I'm alone on Saturday morning. So... Does anyone else want to dive the Captain Dan Saturday morning, January 21, 2012? One buddy, no waiting! :)

There's beach diving in Boynton?

None that I know of... We dove at the BHB; did a refresher for my daughter the first day we were in the area. The idea was to get her comfortable before going out on the boat and got blown out the rest of the week

I didn't think so..thanks for the clarification, must have read your post wrong..

After doing some more research, we've decided to go with Miss Conduct Charters: Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters. We're signed up for two trips on Friday, two or three trips Saturday (including a night dive) and two trips Sunday, January 20 - 22, 2012.

On Saturday morning I want to dive the Captain Dan, but that dive is beyond my daughter's ability. So I'm alone on Saturday morning. So... Does anyone else want to dive the Captain Dan Saturday morning, January 21, 2012? One buddy, no waiting! :)

I'm in :)

Check your PMs :)

Anyone else want to join us?

Forecast looks good:

FRIDAY NIGHT
EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 12 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO
3 FEET. NORTH NORTHEAST SWELL 2 TO 3 FEET BECOMING 3 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 11 TO 14 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. NORTH
NORTHEAST SWELL 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

Forecast looks good:

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 11 TO 14 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. NORTH
NORTHEAST SWELL 2 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP.

I'm getting excited! 2-3 foot seas I can handle no problem.

We'll be diving all day Friday through Sunday, including a night dive Saturday night. Can't wait! I'll let everyone know how it goes when we get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom