Pompano Beach, FL - Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
They've had decades to get used to the idea.
I like them too :D

jawfish2-1_1_.jpg

Nice Stuff Howarde!

I had no Idea Indigo Hamlets are so rare, and I'm fairly sure I've seen them, but maybe not.

So are those all with the Sigma 17~70mm? I gotta sell my Nik 18-35mm, and get that lens!

Happy 29th BDay to Michelle! :D

Thanks Ron...

Yes - Sigma 17-70. :)

Um... 29th Birthday - Yeah that's the ticket - I'll tell her :wink:

Howard: I loved the arrowhead crab above the anemone. Any more shots of that little guy?

You are the king of the jawfish shots!

---Bob

Ron, there are places Indigo Hamlets are common - Cayman, for example, but they are extremely rare in Florida. So depending on where you were, you very well may have seen some. If it was in Florida, it was more likely a Barred Hamlet.

Great shot of the Yellowhead Jawfish, Howard. I like them too, but the Indigo Hamlet is my first love.

I think I've seen quite a few indigo hamlets in the caribbean, specifically in the bahamas. I wouldn't have thought they'd be so rare in Florida given the proximity.

I've seen them in the Bahamas as well. Consider the Fairy Basslet, quite common in the Bahamas (much more so than the Indigo Hamlet), yet unknown in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom