Pompano Beach, FL - Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indigo Hamlets are my favorite fish. We have them in Florida, but they are extremely rare. I'll take all the photos of them you have. Where were you diving exactly when you saw it? I'll have to spend more time diving Pompano.

Nice pics. Only seen an indigo hamlet a couple times, once in Dania!

Walter:
Indigo Hamlets are my favorite fish.
And the yellowhead jawfish are now jealous! :wink:

Exactly? Well it's a little rise in the reef - before a reef called Sunkist.

We had a south current, so we dropped on the north side of the reef.

Go south out of Hillsboro inlet a few hundred yards, and get yourself to 55 FSW.

I'll see if we can hit that spot again in the next few weeks. It was a cool little strip of reef - teeming with life.

Nice. What boat did you go out with?

Scuba_Jenny:
Nice. What boat did you go out with?
Safari Diver.

They are really one of the few ops that schedules 2 drift dives. Even if they don't have 2 drifts on the slate, they often drop us on a reef (so michelle can hunt) and put everyone else on a shallow wreck.

I am not a fan of the 70' wreck / 30' reef dives - like so many Ft Lauderdale ops have scheduled.

(Monday was Michelle's Birthday :D)

Very nice shots. Like them all.

Like PermanentlyNarced said, I started shooting underwater for the same reasons, to share what I see with my non-diving friends. I have taken note that they only gasp at the wide angle shots, never the macros. I guess us photo enthusiasts really appreciate the macro ( I love the challenge of taking them), but they seem to prefer seeing the underwater world.

Howard, beautiful pics. The Indigo Hamlet is an exceptionally pretty fish. You took a couple of nice pictures of this one.

Fastmarc:
Very nice shots. Like them all.

Like PermanentlyNarced said, I started shooting underwater for the same reasons, to share what I see with my non-diving friends. I have taken note that they only gasp at the wide angle shots, never the macros. I guess us photo enthusiasts really appreciate the macro ( I love the challenge of taking them), but they seem to prefer seeing the underwater world.

So true and we all know how hard it is to get a good wide angle shot!!!!

Howarde love the second indigo hamlet shot, they remind me of slightly mellow damselfish :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom