Pompano Beach Charter Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowdog61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Soliciting recommendations for charter out of Pompano Beach area. Have seen some reviews of Pompano Dive Center and South Florida Diving Headquarter and they are less than glowing.....

I've used both and have no complaints for either. Pompano Dive Center's boat has their own charter fishing license, may be the only dive boat in Florida with the license.

What are you looking for from a dive charter? Bigger or 6 pack?

Both South Florida and PDC are good operations with lager boats. I dive with both of them regularly, and have no complaints about either.

Some people don't like diving with larger groups, but I always just dive with my buddy, and it's a big ocean, so number of people on the boat doesn't bother me.

I live in Pompano and I am familiar with most all of the charters. Tell us a little more about what you are looking for and I would be glad to make a recommendation. I don't know that there are any " bad" charters here but they are different experiences so let us know.

yeah guys, I was bit rushed so threw it out for comments. The reviews came off of Google and I usually take most with a grain of salt - People tend to complain more easily then compliment. Comments from the people here will carry more weight which is why I'm here.
Boat size isn't an issue as long as the crew keeps things orderly on the larger ones (first in - last out was one of the things my previous GF taught me :D). Having a little assistance after a dive (take my fins if I offer them up, put the camera in the rinse tank for me, etc) is nice but also is not mandatory - I'll always give a tip but the amount is certainly proportional to the service. I do like more than just a taxi service - here you are, get out, that'll be $80. been there - done that - don't care for it. Never dove here so not sure what's available but thinking a reef is preferable.

I enjoyed diving with Enzo at ScubaTyme when I spent a week in Pompano Beach.

Labor Day weekend. Already know the vis could be an issue with Isaac stirring things up. Most of the winds are pushing up the coast so thinking it won't be too bad. thanks for the link

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:42 PM ----------

have another ? on dive flags... guessing these are mandatory since it's a drift. correct?

have another ? on dive flags... guessing these are mandatory since it's a drift. correct?

The dive boats of Pompano are about the only ones in Florida that actually abide by the law. You must be within 100 yards of the boat, or pull a flag. Many times I have seen the captain's place their boat between divers and an oncoming boat. Flags are provided to each buddy team on drift dives.
I love drift diving the reefs between Jupiter and Boynton, but if we are going to be honest; drifting a 1/4 mile away from the dive boat with just a safety sausage is not technically legal.

Both the Lady Go Diver and the Pompano Diver Center are willing to travel a bit further than some of the other boats in the area. This means you will dive some great areas that the other boats never see.

Expect to carry a flag on either boat.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom