Poll: which spare mask do you carry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you that carry spare masks, which mask (make & model) do you carry & where do you carry it?:popcorn:

scubapro clear vu 2 yellow mask in either my dive rite pocket on left waist strap or on my new rig I just keep it in the bellows pocket on my wetsuit.

An Atomic frameless in the left thigh pocket.

A pair of swimming goggles in a small pouch (army first aid pouch) on my waist strap. They are only useful to abort an OW dive and make a controlled ascent.

A pair of swimming goggles in a small pouch (army first aid pouch) on my waist strap. They are only useful to abort an OW dive and make a controlled ascent.

So... how exactly does one go about clearing swim goggles of water? Seems like it might be difficult without a nose pocket.

Can't say as I've ever considered this option :)

So... how exactly does one go about clearing swim goggles of water? Seems like it might be difficult without a nose pocket.

Can't say as I've ever considered this option :)

It does take a little practice. With face about 45 degrees down from vertical, pull the bottom of the len(s) away from the cheek slightly and exhale slowly thru your nose. You may need to turn your head a bit to capture the exhaled bubbles in the eyepiece. As long as I can get enough air in one of the eyepieces to see gauges, I'm OK for a controlled ascent and rest stop.

I just didn't want to dedicate the room for a redundent mask and don't have a need to be able to continue the dive. Plus, those swim goggles are cheap and durable.

An Atomic frameless in the left thigh pocket.

Same here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom