Poll...what kind of weight integration?

What kind of weight system do you think is the best?

• AT-PAK style

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Hook and Loop weight pockets

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Single Ripcord

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Dual Ripcord

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weightbelt only

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckton

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in a quandary as to what BCD to get...

The shop I work for says I have to wear what we sell, so I'm down to either an Apeks or a Seaquest Raider.

I like the construction of the Apeks, but I'm not sure I like the dual ripcord weight release, esp for teaching.

I've not laid eyes on a Raider, so I don't know if the construction is as good as the Apeks, but it has hook and loop weight pockets, which I sort of like.

What do you think? Are the pockets an issue?

If your shop insists you wear what they sell, I hope they're giving you the equipment at cost. Or, better yet, just giving you the equipment.

I'm not familiar with the Apeks BC's, or the Raider. The SeaQuest Black Diamond seems to be a very popular BC, and I imagine the Raider will be, too.

Sea Quest is very good quality. Seen a Raider. Looked nice. Got a Pro QD+ which I'm very pleased with.

Never seen any Apeks BCs. They are renowned for their regulators and only seem to have got into BCs recently. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are made by someone else with the Apeks badge on them - maybe even by Sea Quest.

see if you can find this out.

The Sea Quest weight system relies on Velcro strips to retain the weight pockets. Simple but you need to keep the velcro in good condition.

canuckton

I have the Raider and have no problems or complaints about the weight system. I have 25+ dives on mine so far and haven't lost or had one come loose. I put my BC on then slide in the weight and off I go. When I'm ready to go home I pull the weight out and I don't have to worry about a belt dragging in the dirt. I use standard lead weight not the soft pak stuff. You can adjust the position of the weight fwd, middle or near the back and the Raider already comes with Tank weight pouches.

Good Luck hope it helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom