Poll Time!! When you go diving, do you make a point to get your log signed/stamped?

Do you get your log signed/stamped after every dive?

• Yes! Every time! Its important!

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • No! No one touches my log book but me!

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Sometimes.. If its easy to do..

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • What?!? We are supposed to keep logs?!?!

Votes: 24 17.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So.....if you die while diving, since you never logged the dive, then you didn't really die?? Or maybe you died, but it wasn't a diving accident, since it wasn't logged, so no dive occurred....

Therefore, nobody who dies during a dive ever dies during a dive, because no dead person ever fills out a log for the dive he died on?

It's good to keep a log. I reference mine often mostly to check how much weight I used with a certain configuration. I think getting it signed was more important when I was a new diver. Now, not so much.

At the end of a trip I'll write how many dives I did on that vacation on one page and that's about it. If I forgot that I saw a Hammerhead in Roatan I'm guessing it wasn't that important and probably didn't need to be put in my log book.

So.....if you die while diving, since you never logged the dive, then you didn't really die?? Or maybe you died, but it wasn't a diving accident, since it wasn't logged, so no dive occurred....

If you die while diving, I wouldn't count that dive toward future training. Did you give any thought to the topic before posting the silly question?

Yes, always so far. Normally I'll just get my buddy to do it. I imagine if it's a course I'll get the instructor, but otherwise (even if there's a divemaster) me and my buddy can just do it when we have a few minutes.

I usually do walk-on charters, so there is no DM or instructor on those dives. I ask my buddy to sign the log book.

I checked the "No, no one touches my logbook!" box, but the tone of the option is misleading. My answer would more appropiately belong in a "No, why bother?" option.

ditto. the real answer for me is 'nah...'

I use my dive knife to get a blood sample from my buddy and dab a bit next to the "signature" block, next to a 2" head shot photo. If Homeland Security ever contacts me about my dive buddies, I will be able to supply the necessary information.
Did your buddy try and get your regulator in OOA situation? :rofl3:

Since I designed and made my own log there is no place for someone to sign it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom