Poll: How much weight with wich DrySuit (neo or tri)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hidroj:
High density 3,5mm neopren, fine underwear, 10kg lead
With Winter underwear (polartec100-200), 12kg lead

And you? How much do you carry around?
Thanks!

Hidroj

Cold Monterey water with a DUI CF200, 200gm thinsulate with 280gm polartec, regular ski socks, DUI 7mm hood, 8lb SS backplate and a Faber HP100. I use 14 lbs on the belt. Those Faber HP100's are really negative. If I switch to a LP95, I stick 18 lbs on the belt.

DUI TLS 350, Size M. DUI Liteloft Thinsulate (I think that's 300g). Jacket BC, Al80s. Freshwater diving. 24 lbs. of weight on my weight integrated BC was too much; 18 lbs. was not enough. I'm thinking either 20 or 22lbs would be best.

Otherwise: 5/7mm farmer john, size M. Jacket BC, Al80s. Freshwater diving. 9lbs was perfect.

4mm compressed neoprene suit (Bare CD4). Light wicking base layer plus generic fleece thermals inside--I would classify this as moderate bulk. My tank was a steel 72. Needed 41 lbs to pass a weight check with a full tank at the surface. I weigh 215.

I felt like I could have benefited from a few more pounds too as controlling ascent at the end was not as easy as I had hoped, but I am also a very new diver.

Worst case:
Atlan 7mm neoprene, neoprene seals. Bare T-100 undergarment & wicking layer.
Salt water
PST E7-80 cylinder.
46 pounds, will try 44

I have truly been toasty for the most part so to some extent I'm paying a comfort premium with weight to offset bountiful insullation. Coldest we had last winter was 37F.

Bless my DUI Weight & Trim II. Worn low I don't need ankle weights.

Pete

Thank you very much to everyone for the answers. Was talking to some friends that told me they carried maximaly 4 pounds with their DUI Shell Drysuit, and I was really surprised. As I see, that may be an exception, probably more due to the tanks and backplates they carry, then to some type of misterious way to avoid weight while they're diving. For an instance I thought it adh to do with the difference between shell and neopren suits, but as I see there's not a great gap between them, at least concering to the lead you've got to take.
As I said, thanks to everyone once again.
Hidroj

whites shell with polarbear undies with double 100s canlight deco steel 30 24pound but i like to be heavy so i can add more air for confert

USIA techniflex, heavy undergarment + capiline underlayers, BP+W+attached weights = 12.8 lbs. Steel HP 119. 10 lbs on a weight belt. (12.8+10= 23 lbs total)

I've dived two drysuits, a trilaminate Mobby's and a crushed neoprene Diving Concepts. There was about a two pound difference between them, given all the other gear was the same.

People (and undergarments) really vary. Rick Murchison dives a pair of doubled steel 85s in a dry suit with no additional weight; I dive mine with 16 pounds on my waist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom