• 41 - 50 lbs

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • 51 - 60 lbs

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 61+ lbs

Votes: 51 29.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually use around 27lbs in a drysuit in salt water using a steel 100. But I keep an extra 10-15lbs for adjustment when I use different-sized tanks. Might get rid of a few.

I use around 6 lb but own close to 60-70 is my guess. All soft weights after selling the hard weights last year.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I have recovered probably over a 100lbs from the ocean in different forms. From a couple of lost weight belts, to lots of commercial fishing weight lead from nets. They don't call one of our dive sites "Ball Buster" for nothing. Ab divers are always making donations and then we find them years later.

Most of the lead still needs to be melted in a mold or for STA's of sorts. Since I don't own a mold and have a weight belt already set up, it just sits in buckets until I come up with a use.

When we loaded the wakeboard boat down, it carried over 1,000 lbs of lead, and the sailboat...well if I remember correctly around 4 tons.

I have roughly 75lbs of lead sitting in my garage, but I wear 0lbs with an AL80. :bash:

I own enough lead to accommodate two divers in thick exposure gear for local diving. It stays home when we travel, of course. I also take extra to open water training weekends, as someone always needs something. So I have lots of 2# weights. Nothing bigger than a 4#- I like to distribute it around between back pockets and removable pockets.
DivemasterDennis

I've got a whole bunch, but it's all for teaching. Our boats here provide lead, so I never carry any around unless I'm doing a shore dive.

80 something pounds and I don't use any unless I'm wearing a 7 mil. I keep equipment for three divers though and lead just seems to "show up." I've found a lot of it and when buying used equipment, tanks and such, lead always seems to come with it.

I use anywhere from 2 lbs (fresh water, swim suit) to 32lbs (salt water, dry suit) and everything in between. So I have about 40 lbs of various sizes.

I have a bunch of lead, 100 lbs plus. At least 60 lbs in soft weights.I keep hoping that someday it will become valuable.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom