Do you ever have erroneous pressure readings problem with your VYTEC

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No so far.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomoreno

Reaction score
I heard many people mention the erroneous pressure readings problem with VYTEC, though a lot of time this problem only last a couple seconds. I also heard many people do not have any problem with their VYTECs. So I would like to do a survey in this regard.

BTW, for those have this problem, do you figure out the reason?

Thanks!

wow....I've not heard this....Where did you hear it? (Perhaps I haven't paid enough attention here....heh)

What kind of error are you seeing? Are you seeing dramatic changes, such as if your tank currently has 2500psi and your comp shows 1000 briefly? Or perhaps shows 5000 briefly?

Or is it that it "sticks" once inawhile and doesn't update as you slowly deplete the tank?

Please elaborate.

All right, maybe I am a little bit exaggerated. Let me say SOME people have this problem.

Mainly, people suggest that sometimes the pressure drop to a great extent, say from 3000psi to 250 psi under the water. In some cases, VYTEC will self-correct the problem but not always...

Am I clear enough?

That was me (3000-250) and it happened the other way too. Twice in my first week of diving with the unit. And it did self-correct.

They have been shipped to Suunto to be evaluated.

I'll let you know if I had a lemon, or if they give it the "ok".

Ron

Any word on this?

Mine has been doing this the last couple of dives. I get a quick 3-5000 pressure reading and then it goes back to what it should be. It then tells me I have 0 air time left and beeps...I may suck air, but not 3000 psi in two seconds. :D

My LDS ended up sending it back to Suunto for an assessment and they ended up replacing both transmitter and receiver.

I haven't tried the new one out yet, but I do have a spare SPG on my 1st stage just in case...

Ron

Back
Top Bottom