POLL: Dive Computer w/ PC Downloadable Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uwatec Aladin Pro, I have used it for 5 months now and computer and software has worked without a problem.

I use a different approach. On one hand you have your dive computer which gives the diver under water in real-time vital information for a save return to surface. On the other hand there is digital diving which takes place at your desk after diving. This difference in functionality is reflected in my personal diving gear. Under water I fully rely on my dive computer, on land I use the SENSUS PRO.
By doing so I avoid out-of-the-water manipulation of my dive computer which is an expensive and delicate piece of equipment whereas the SENSUS PRO was designed to do so once it is out of the water. Here is a quote found at the ScubaBase web pages (www.scubabase.be): "As a silent widness the SENSUS PRO records your dive and comes alive in front of your computer". Download interfaces for dive computers are often more expensive then the complete set SENSUS PRO. A download interface is somewhere on your desk at home but the SENSUS PRO is an extra piece of equipment joining you on your diving adventures.
When you look for a dive computer do not fix your mind on computers that support PC download but go for the SENSUS PRO first. This will give you PC download from the start and is less expensive. Then select any dive computer that meets your specifications regardless if it supports PC download or not. Thus the amount of dive computers to choose from will increase significantly.

Suunto Mosquito here! I use the interface from the person whose avatar is shown in a past post! Works well with my Mac too! The Mosquito is a warm water backup computer for me. I use an air intergrated Data Plus Pro for my primary. I don't use the it to D/L to a computer though as I don't have the kit and use a Mac. If it needs a replacement I'll get the Vytec w/transmitter and/or the Cobra.

I like the Cocheran commander because it's easy to use, has a great display of all the necessary information, is downloadable and also has user replaceable battteries, which to me is important. Check out there web site www.divecocheran.com for features, colors and options.

Back
Top Bottom