POLL: Dive Computer w/ PC Downloadable Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWATEC Smartcom
using the smartrac software that it came with, and a Mars II infrared USB dock.... works everytime and its superfast to download ( i usually load 8 to 10 dives at a time and it takes about 5 seconds )

Cam

I have an OMS EANx and use the Dive Rite Nitek Logic software. I am happy with it so far but can see its limitations...

Mine's a Suunto Stinger. Much the same as the Mosquito in terms of functionality but with a harder outer case.
Fairly reliable and loaded with info that you can even send to DAN from within the software.

If you want a cheaper alternative to the Suunto defacto PC interface for their computers pull up Google and look for "Suunto DIY PC Interface". Some sites will even run one up for you for a small charge.....something I discovered after I'd already bought mine (which was faulty and needed to be replaced) Doh!

I use the Suunto Cobra, with the interface Jamie made. Works like a champ and saved me 100 bones. I also dive with the ReefNet Sensus Pro as a backup, I had bought it before my Cobra.

I use the Sunnoto Cobra with their supplied dive manager sofeware. Works fine for me.

I use the Suunto Vyper on a wrist mount. The download feature works great. I really like the graphing and SAC calculations in the Suunto Dive Manager software.

I use the Suunto Cobra with a home-made PC interface built according to Roli's plans. Works like a charm. I put most of my effort into the electronic log (Suunto Dive Manager), because it has a lot of great detail.

Cheers,

Andrew

Both the Mares and Darwin computers have downloadable capability through the IRIS interface. I use it and it works quite well, it's also very fast. Cost is $100 for the interface so it's a little pricey.

The Citizen Hyper-Aqualand watch can also be used as downloadable dive log, and it also has the capability of figuring SAC rates in the PC software. The Cyber-Aqualand also has download capability if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom