POLL: Dive Computer w/ PC Downloadable Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi there, I was in the market looking for a Dive computer that has this feature. Of course, all the other features are very important but this is one that I want in particular.

Just wondering what people use in this category & what they think of their computer? ...or if they have any suggestions on a good computer with this feature.

I use a Suunto Cobra with the Dive Manager software. Easy to use and gives a lot of information. I really enjoy the graphs of my dives. Good diving!

Another vote for Suunto, I have the Vyper. I wish Suunto would get with the 21st century and make a USB interface, though.

You can download the software (Suunto Dive Manager) from Suunto's Web site site (http://www.suunto.com/) to get an idea of its features. The Web site also has some interactive demos that explain the functions of the computer.

Z

Uwatec Smart computers.
They download quick and easy with an IR connection. No cables or cradles to mess with. And the software that comes with them works great

Joe

I second the UWATEC Smart Computers

I have the Smart Pro (Wrist computer) and I'm very happy with it.

The software is excellent

I have two V3 for tech, and Suunto Cobra for using with students I have to admit I like the Suunto software. because it's easy to show students different things like gas consumption and the profile of the dives, the V3 on the other hand is a little bit more technical but yet easy enough to master and I wouldn't go deep with out it.
Just my O2 cents
Rob

Not exactly a computer, but..

The Reefmaster Sensus Pro.

It's not a dive computer, but a dive logger. For $115, you get a tiny little unit (about an inch cubed) you can put anywhere on your body, and it comes with the PC downloading kit. You can get a new computer, dive without a computer, or whatever and still be able to log all your dive data to your PC. It's cheaper than most PC download kits and you never have to worry about the extra cost of upgrading your computer.

Another big plus IMO is that the dive log info is all downloaded to your PC in plain text format. You have total access to all of the data, and you're not locked into a particular platform or some proprietary software.

It's also entirely Palm compatible and uses a serial port. I love the thing.

Back
Top Bottom