Poll: 2023 Cost of hydro in USA?

What does USA hydro test cost you every five years (fees actually charged-rounded)

• Up to $29

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • $30-44

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • $45-59

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • $60-74

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • $75-89

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • $90-104

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $105-119

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $120-134

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $135-150

• $350

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently my prices were outdated:
  • $30/tank hydro-only is the quote I just received from a fire-extinguisher place. I seem to remember they were $20 about 2.5 years ago.
  • $75/tank for hydro+VIP, at a place which charged $50/tank about 2 years ago.
I'll need to do some calling around and looking. The cheapest place I found, which is a little "middle of nowhere" in some guy's garage, is $55 for hydro+VIP, although he charges $25 for VIP.

$9 per tank. Even get a bunch of VIP stickers as a bonus.

$35 at the commercial cylinder / fire extinguisher place. Most of the LDS's use them for the actual hydro part. The extras like VIP stickers and fills I dunno

You need your own test station with that many.
I service several hundred cylinders per year, usually about 20 per week. It is still cheaper to sub it out than do my own.

I bypass the dive shop and bring it straight to the hydro place. $30 any tank. I do my own VIP, and fill with my own portable compressor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom