Polish diver dies in world record attempt to 333m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup. So is the Marianas Trench. Wanna run that one through MultiDeco?

:D
Someday, more people will be going down there than already have. Actually, I think three people have already been and there are two teams currently working on it.

Someday, more people will be going down there than already have. Actually, I think three people have already been and there are two teams currently working on it.

From The deepest-ever dive to the bottom of the Mariana Trench found litter there
Record-breaker: Don Walsh and Jacques Piccard first reached the deepest part of the Mariana Trench, Challenger Deep, in 1960 in a US Navy bathyscape called Trieste. Walsh was on board the ship that accompanied this latest attempt. Vescovo's Five Deeps team estimate that he went around 50 feet deeper than the Trieste. Film director James Cameron also reached the bottom in 2012.

Bob

Call me conservative, but ... I kind of doubt that anyone will go there on OC (or a RB) ... ;-)

Not on open circuit!

Going in a sub is like taking a helicopter to the top of Everest...

Not on open circuit!

Going in a sub is like taking a helicopter to the top of Everest...

If it makes any difference, most subs ever built won't make the return trip.:)

Bob

Not sure that helicopter would be able to reach Mt Everest :)

I didn't think there were any choppers out there with service ceilings high enough to reach the summit. But apparently, someone set a record by landing one there. (Whether it was operating within its published service ceiling, I've no idea.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom