Police masked as protesters to incite violence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I heard about this --sad.

Jeff

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
- Alan Moore, V for Vendetta

Sounds like a bit of paranoia to me. While there were police dressed up as protesters, when confronted instead of taking actions which would have started a conflict they just backed off and passed through police lines. Not exactly the actions of people trying to incite a riot.

Bryan

The undercover cops were there to spot the real troublemakers before they could start anything unnacceptable. That is a more logical explanation.. but of course, it doesn't sell as much newspapers :sigh:

you will see that in every event as far as starting touble I can't say i was not there were you!!!! Again what will make it to the front page of a news paper...

Nope, wasn't there. Both explanations are possible, but I choose to believe the more logical one, while keeping a critical mind about it. Maybe the cops in question DID start trouble, but I doubt (if they did) that they were asked to do it by their superiors.

btw, do you like the DC-310 strobe? (oops, wrong thread :D)

Hmmm, perhaps the Canadian poice have learned something from ours here in the US... and if you don't believe this is done, you don't know how some "law enforcement officials" work.

Please don't view this as a blanket condemnation of law officers... I know many good ones and they don't do these things, but others do. A proven fact here in the States.

Sylvain:
you will see that in every event as far as starting touble I can't say i was not there were you!!!! Again what will make it to the front page of a news paper...

But the event was filmed, and has been run continually on Canadian television. And while I was not there, the video on TV shows the undercover police standing while a prominent protester yells at them. Then they turned around, walked into the police lines, and were handcuffed.

The videos on youtube - supposedly free of any media editing, show the exact same thing. And, at least in my opinion, don't support any claim of the police trying to incite violence. If they were you'd think that they would have confronted the yelling protester, not walked away...

Bryan

You guys need to get your heads out of the sand. It's ALWAYS the cop's fault. I bet, of our 572 "guests", at least 500 would be brave enough to tell you this truth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom