Polar Bears attack US Nuclear Submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
nope. i've heard that polar bears are apex predators AND they do not have fear
as an operant conditioner.

in other words, there's nothing that can scare a fully-grown polar bear, particularly
males.

(i saw this on a National Geographic show once)

We'll, they really don't have any "natural" predators and are pretty much at the top of the food chain in their part of the world.

The only threat they've got is "man" and only one with a very high powered rifle that is a very good shot while under the pressure of a charging polar bear.

MoonWrasse:
Now if those polar bears had managed to disable the sub, that would've been really funny :wink:

Captain to the men on the Sub -

Alright men - Keep an eye on the shady lookn' one on the left, looks like hes got a wrench :D

H2Andy:
nope. i've heard that polar bears are apex predators AND they do not have fear as an operant conditioner.

in other words, there's nothing that can scare a fully-grown polar bear, particularly
males.

I never would of guessed a wild animal would do that. Ya learn something new everyday.

And with the environment they live in, polar bears really have the pov that "If it moves, it's food". They have to.

If everybody wants, I'll post a weekly military screw-up picture, but it's up to you guys, I have everything from a F-15 vs. a cop car to Someone needs to go back to tank driving school. :D

H2Andy:
nope. i've heard that polar bears are apex predators AND they do not have fear
as an operant conditioner.

males.

Same being true of great white sharks, the ocean nitch equivalant of the ice bears of the north. It helps to remember who is boss, especially when it ain't you.

love the second pic, "sir we have a hostile contact on our stern"

These are great pictures!! Thanks for sharing the gold.

SCUBADIVINERIK:
Id like to know how that plane ended up on that car...

caption to the F-16 / car picture:

Sir, I think we need to install brake lights on these planes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom