Point Lobos lost GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattlavallee

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot for many reasons, but if anyone finds a GoPro 3 Black around Whaler's Middle Reef and is feeling charitable, please let me know. It was my buddy's Father's Day present, and his name is not on it. Yep, long shot.

FYI, he was wearing it with the GoPro head strap and didn't feel it come off. Neither of us noticed until about mid-dive.

Had a dive buddy do a similar thing, he didn't realize he had lost it until we were unloading the boat back at the dive shop. He was lucky though as we dove the same site the following day and one of our group managed to find it. Hopefully you have the same luck.

Was it positively buoyant? Make sure to leave a note with the rangers with the contact info. It might be floating in the cove amongst the kelp hopefully.

We didn't check whether it would float by itself, someone else at the ramp mentioned they'd had a camera lost and then found it on the surface. Good suggestion, we'll contact the rangers.

I did one dive with my GoPro on the headstrap about a year and a half ago with no problem, but I didn't like not having positive control and awareness of it. I made a cheesy handle out of the mounting parts they give you with the kit and stowed it in a BCD pocket when I wasn't recording. Probably should have mentioned that before we dove.....

There are a couple of GoPros wandering around Whalers now...gotta keep our eyes open for prizes. All I found yesterday was a pair of Dunlop Tires near HITW...

But seriously, good luck, maybe it will turn up. A good reminder to all of us to put ID info on/in our stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom