Point Lobos Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure why a picnic-er would want to eat at those tables anyway. Last time I was there, I remember thinking, what an ugly place to put picnic tables, with a view of the hood of a bunch of diver's rigs. With all the beautiful places to sit and enjoy the views at Lobos, that would be the last place I'd choose. A three minute walk up the trail and you have one of the most spectacular views in the world.

I just assumed those tables were for the divers to use during their SI.

The complaining lady was probably just a tourist from Washington or something... :wink:

It adds extra flavor if you sit near the restroom for your lunch. :blush: Right!?! :)

I have sat at those tables for lunch, but have never seen divers set up there although we did huddle around there under Ron's canopy one rainy day (see attached image for "sweet memories"). There weren't many turistas around to complain that day though. :) (and we did move it after a while)

I agree. When we share spaces with non-divers, we need to be courteous. That being said, I do understand how hard it can be when you need some place to rest your wet wetsuit behind down to take off all the [-]torture devices[/-] scuba gear we have to wear. Non-divers just don't appreciate how heavy all that stuff is.

Attachments

• memories!.jpg
    memories!.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 82
It adds extra flavor if you sit near the restroom for your lunch. :blush: Right!?! :)

I have sat at those tables for lunch, but have never seen divers set up there although we did huddle around there under Ron's canopy one rainy day (see attached image for "sweet memories"). There weren't many turistas around to complain that day though. :) (and we did move it after a while)

I agree. When we share spaces with non-divers, we need to be courteous. That being said, I do understand how hard it can be when you need some place to rest your wet wetsuit behind down to take off all the [-]torture devices[/-] scuba gear we have to wear. Non-divers just don't appreciate how heavy all that stuff is.

Aw, memories... I remember that day. I was the "smart" one in the blue jacket that didn't dive! :rofl3: what was it, 5 ft of vis?

Jennifer, why didn't you call me when you where in town???? :frown11:

Pretty much every time I have been to Lobos we have used the tables during our SI for gear and to eat lunch on. When we are out diving the tables are cleared. Not sure if adding a bench or something near the water would be a solution, but it would be nice if there was something there near the ramp/hoses. Diving doubles requires some kind of bench to get out of them. The rocks by the hoses work though.

I agree with the consensus..I have never seen it be an issue?

I have also never observed divers occupy the benches with stuff when they leave for a dive?

Like others have said...10,000 other spots to have a picnic right..?

Besides..they ask too many questions!

Drew

I have good memories of that day...it was a great Meet-N-Greet despite the weather! Actually, I think the weather helped make it even more memorable. :wink: The vis wasn't great but it was a good "practice" dive and I really enjoyed meeting some new people and spending time with others that weekend. :D

Aw, memories... I remember that day. I was the "smart" one in the blue jacket that didn't dive! :rofl3: what was it, 5 ft of vis?

Jennifer, why didn't you call me when you where in town???? :frown11:
I remember that day well! My first dive in a "washing machine"!

My first washing machino too! :) I loved it, as Michelle said. And man, that canopy was FANTASTIC!

My first washing machino too! :) I loved it, as Michelle said. And man, that canopy was FANTASTIC!

Yeah, my first experience like that too. :11:

I'm so bummed I'm not going to make the next M&G! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom