Point Lobos dive (Saturday 11/1/08)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's some pictures:

Going.....

going....

gone.

..and the team immediately moves into the "gaggle" formation :D

Don

Don checks the compass

Then lets loose a little bit :)

These pictures don't do justice in telling how good the vis was

It was a great day of diving... unfortunately the next day was not so good.

Nice video and pics. I really enjoy Point Lobos when I get a chance to dive there.

I thought I read somewhere that the tiger sharks give birth in that cave? Maybe it was in the hand out you get when you check in and pay at the ranger station...

Side note and question since we have not actually made it there yet, but is that cave across the cove? As you swim out from the boat ramp out heading out of the main cove, it is on your right?

Been meaning to find it but our last trip we just headed outside the cove to find some of the reef walls, etc.

Thanks for sharing again. I need to make another weekend day trip there.

Ben and Don - great pics and videos! Nov 1 was a monumental day. I always hear about the Lobos "cave" but have never seen it in person. It looks amazing in the video!

Saf1 - do we even have tigers in these waters? Maybe the pamphlet was talking about the other big-cat-shark, the leopard?

Ben and Don - great pics and videos! Nov 1 was a monumental day. I always hear about the Lobos "cave" but have never seen it in person. It looks amazing in the video!

Saf1 - do we even have tigers in these waters? Maybe the pamphlet was talking about the other big-cat-shark, the leopard?

Yes, I wrote that incorrectly. It is the leopard. Sorry about that.

Yes, the cavern is across the cove. Heard about it a bunch as well, and it only took 3 years for me to finally go. It's shallow so can only be done on very calm days.

Yes, the cavern is across the cove. Heard about it a bunch as well, and it only took 3 years for me to finally go. It's shallow so can only be done on very calm days.

There's also a narrow exit in the back. On days that are not calm
it can spit you out the back and you can get banged up.

There's also a narrow exit in the back. On days that are not calm
it can spit you out the back and you can get banged up.

Yeah, that happened to me earlier this year when I was diving with Kate Hudson. I was chasing after her for this treasure she found in some cave, and wasn't watching the surge when hit. Got banged up pretty bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom