Point and Shoot photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
These photos are my some of my first attempts at U/W photography using my little Pentax Optio in an U/W housing. No extra lenses or strobes... just the built in flash.

I can't believe the incredible pictures that came out of this little camera... especially since I can't see good enough to frame a shot or even review it in the LCD screen.

I just held the camera out and snapped pictures.

Uncle Pug:
These photos are my some of my first attempts at U/W photography using my little Pentax Optio in an U/W housing. No extra lenses or strobes... just the built in flash.

I can't believe the incredible pictures that came out of this little camera... especially since I can't see good enough to frame a shot or even review it in the LCD screen.

I just held the camera out and snapped pictures.

Our own SoCal Photo TJ shoots his stuff with a little Canon P&S. He gets amazing stuff - just amazing. The camera will not make you a better photographer - its only job is to stay out of the way so the artist can make his/her art.

I'm kinda digging your stuff. Nothing that moves real fast, huh? Mostly inverts and the like. I like photos of stuff you actually see - and when I dove up there I saw some fish, and just zillions of the most amazing inverts and stuff. No Gueduck? :eyebrow:

Ken Rockwell is fond of saying the better cameras are better of staying out of the way.

A buddy brought that same Pentax on my Kayak fishing trip to east cape - he got some amazing shots.

---
Ken

From what I read on the board when starting and get used to all the photo parameter it is good to start with standstill subject. It give you the time to adjust the camera settings.

I thing for the first attempt, you did some good pictures. For sure better than the one I did when I first shoot…

There is is no secret, shoot shoot and shoot if you have the possibility.

I like the Red Irish Lord.

I like them too - good work!

You've got some nice shots there UP. I love my camera rig but sometimes I think that a small, simple point and shoot would be better. Less messing with the camera and more just enjoying the dive :)

Thank you. I thought about buying the adapter that would allow me to use Sea&Sea lenses on my housing as well as getting an external strobe... but then I realized that all the extra stuff would be a drag on my diving.

I'm just a diver who likes to look at stuff... definitely not a photographer/artist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom