Poetry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay, little suspecting I might one day join SB, asked:
Do you have some sort of creative writing, poetry, song, or other art that you'd like to share with ScubaBoard?
Saturated Shakespeare*
Of nanobots last night I dreamt;
Deconstructing microbubbles
Ere they grew to cause me troubles.​
Alas, my SI's been misspent!
Harsh mistress 'twas that taught me this,
Pushed limits can't make fool'ry bliss.​
By morning light I woke, still bent.​

* Yes, I know, this is not iambic pentameter. The alternative title, for all you OCDers out there, is "Kilmer's Critical Tension."

My Silent World

I am called again to the silent depths, a world that is noisy in it's own way,
but quiet to what I know in my world above the sea.

Water closes over me as I seek out it's deep envelope,
I slip past the shallow layers of light and life into the zone seen by few.

It is there that I am most at home. I find peace and equilibrium, balance and I am motionless.
I find my place not so much a happy place, but one where I fit in, even if for a short time.

Sometimes I witness the changing of the season, the shift change from day to night, watching all the little creatures scurry along oblivious in their goings on. As long as I don't harm them, they ignore me, which is fine. It is proof again that I fit in, somewhat in this watery world.

Time is against me and I must leave this place. I ascend through the layers to my first stop. The light shimmers down to meet me. They lead me back to my world. They are God's Beams I'm told.
As much as a rainbow in the sky confirms the end of a storm, God's Beams welcome me back to that part of the planet where I must live.

I will return to my fishy depths, and explore that watery realm that I love so.​
Glen Scott

Back
Top Bottom