Pocket for Scout B/C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loneranger

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Scout B/C that does not have any onboard pockets. I wish to add a small pocket to the B/C to carry a PPD. Which pocket do you recommend (part number), and how does it attach to the jacket or belt? Thanks Steve.

I use a Sport utility pocket. http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=Accessories&src=gendocs&link=Accy_pockets
I put over the waist strap and behind the shoulder strap. To keep it more securely in place I added a brass grommet on the rear strap of the pocket and use a double ended plastic bolt (from a Ranger cummerbund) to attach it to a grommeted hole that is already in the BC. It's a little hard to get to but so far I have not found a BC pocket that wasn't. I have also added crotch straps to the Scout if your interested.

Hi Herman, How did you manage to get crotch straps onto your scout? I'm trying to figure a way to do it.

To anwer you question (and to see if you figured a better way :) ) I made 2x 1in wide strips of webbing with male quick releases on one end and simple slides at the other end. The webbing was threaded over the lower tank band and held in place with the slides. The male quick connect end has extra length and slides for adjustment. The female end of the quick disconnects are on loops of webing and held in place with grommets (idea stolen.....ummm borrowed from the Ranger strap). There are 2 grommeted holes in the frount of the Scout that are in the perfect location to attach the female end using the same plastic bolts used on the Ranger. I have used mine for several years and really like the way they hold the BC in place. I have not tried to use a Ranger strap and I find I like the 2 straps better than the Y shaped one from the Ranger (had a Ranger with one). How did you make your?

I feel so ashamed... I didn't make mine. I went down to my dealers and tried to get a zeagle set, which he didn't have in stock, but showed me an oceanic crotch strap which was similar. I took a look at it, decided it wasn't worth the SGD$25 (~USD$15), headed down to the army surplus bazaar just opposite the road, had a set made for about SGD$8(~USD$5). Haven't wet tested it yet, but it actually looks sturdier and better made than the oceanic set (the stitching)... Will only get wet in mid-oct. let you know if it works if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom