PMs CENSORED ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats the big deal? If you can't express youself in an acceptable fashion, your fourth grade english teacher must have really messed up.

nauidiver2004:
Whats the big deal? If you can't express youself in an acceptable fashion, your fourth grade english teacher must have really messed up.

Is being allowed to express your self as you wish. If you read back I have conceded that if YOU do not want to hear it then it is wrong of me to pursue it with YOU. Grant others the same courtesy to go there way without belittling them.
And if you want to correct people on there English then use upper case E for English and youself is spelled yourself.
Thanks for the input.
David.

3dent:
Obviously, I don't know the nature of your PM, but my first thought is that I'd rather not get obnoxious PMs. I get enough obnoxious SPAM.

I'm sure you are credible, and could make good choices, but not everyone on the 'net can. Anonymous sites like this, but without censorship, encourage perverts and weirdos.

I believe that we should be willing to give up a little freedom in order to keep the site a little nicer.

Again, I doubt if your post falls into these categories, or you wouldn’t be complaining publicly. But I do believe that we should be willing to give up a little personal freedom to keep the site a little nicer.

Just my first reactions, and humble opinion.

I have a lot less of a problem with the board blanking out words than with the 'attitude' expressed above.
If you get something you don't like then block the sender and you never have to endure that again from them. No one should ever be willing to give up personal freedoms, especially to solve a problem that doesn't yet exist.

Joe

Sideband:
I have a lot less of a problem with the board blanking out words than with the 'attitude' expressed above.
If you get something you don't like then block the sender and you never have to endure that again from them. No one should ever be willing to give up personal freedoms, especially to solve a problem that doesn't yet exist.

Joe
Obcenity is not a personal freedom.

James Goddard:

Even when its between two consenting adults. Its only offensive if one of the party's say so. For another party to take that away from them is taking away the freedom that you talk about. If someone wants to dictate how a couple of people converse with each other then I would have to say there is a megalomania problem. remember this was a PM ( private mail ).

cdiver2:
Even when its between two consenting adults. Its only offensive if one of the party's say so. For another party to take that away from them is taking away the freedom that you talk about. If someone wants to dictate how a couple of people converse with each other then I would have to say there is a megalomania problem. remember this was a PM ( private mail ).
However, it is not incumbant on any third party to provide you a vehicle for such conversations.

James Goddard:

In your opinion. I do not disagree completely, but sometimes there are situations where someone may want to express themselves using colorful verbage. I agree with David that if it is between adults who wish to talk that way to each other that should be their choice, but this board does have a filter so this conversation is more about freedom of speech now.

James Goddard:
However, it is not incumbant on any third party to provide you a vehicle for such conversations.

The owners of the board can set any rules they want, again if you look back I did concede to this. However under the freedom that you talk about I think I should be able to ask why. Since I accepted Natasha's answer that is now mute.
Cobaltbabe is correct it is now a question of freedom of speech between two adults. It would be wrong of me to put anyone down for there use of English in a private conversation. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

James Goddard:
One person's obscenity can be another person's art.
Look at Ashcroft for an example, spending thousands of taxpayer dollars to put clothes on a couple nude statues. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom