Pls, help me identify this reg kit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamelph

Registered
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I like what you all are doing with the place...

I'm looking more specifically as to the year range for the reg. The 2nd is a Sherwood Oasis, the octo is an Aqualung Mikron (so, no older than 2008, I believe?) and the 1st stage is somewhat of a mystery.

Sorry, that is the only picture I have. Any help is greatlyappreciated.

Thank you!

Philippe

reg_set.jpg

Last edited:
The first stage to me looks like and old U.S Divers Concshelf. I'm and not completly sure without a closer look but from what I can see I am pretty certian. So it is a much older 1st stage since U.S. Divers is no longer around. You can still get it serviced, it takes an Auqa Lung service kit.

Thank you, Shftrdog. I know it's a crappy pic, but do you think you could guesstimate as to, i don't dare say year, so let's say "era"? I believe the Concshelf was still being manufactured in the 90s, so is it a 15-20 yrs old reg or a 40+ years old reg?Anybody willing to take a crack as to the age of the 2nd stage?also, i can email a slightly larger pic to anyone interested in this game...

Last edited:
Looks like a US Divers SEA/Cousteau 1st stage.
It was still in production in the first years of the AquaLung name change.....direct predecessor to the Legend series.
It was in production for at least a dozen years virtually unchanged.
Very rugged diaphragm design, simple to service and still well supported today.

Most likely 90's.
Could be into the 21st century......can't remember when they changed the name back to AquaLung.
The yoke knob looks like the latter Aqualung type rather than the USD (are there any markings on the knob?).
They were also distributed through SeaQuest and Technisub.

ok, thanks. The seller says she bought this as a newly reconditioned kit in 2009, with proof of purchase/maintenance included. So, the 2nd and octo, something like early to late 2000s, the 1st, from the 90s, and gauges, even older. But, it has recent maintenance (even thought the maintenance is due again...), so, now, I have to haggle a decent price...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom