Please tell me what mask to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadude223

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the market for a new mask. The one that I use is not able to be used due to a week skirt and failure under pressure.

Masks also have trouble fitting my face at least the one that I currently use. It is over 10 years old. It may be part of the problem.

I am looking for a low volume mask
I have no need for prescription lenses, my eyes are ok
I would like a mask that can be removed and replaced under water with minimal effort
The mask must also function in a cave or wreck environment

I realise that there are many choices, and some may recommend that I look to what my needs are and try some on in store to see what fits.

I would like to know what mask you think I should buy.

Thanks for the help

The Hollis M1 gets my vote. I tried about 10 different mask and it worked perfect for me.

Dude, there's no way anyone can tell you what mask to buy. Fit is more important than anything and you simply don't know what will fit until you put it to your face. Go to a dive shop that has 30 or 40 different masks to choose from, and go from there.

What fits my fat head will not fit my dive buddies fat head, and certainly won't fit my wife's head. Your cheeks, nose, lip, forhead, etc, all play into how a mask fits. Go wear a bunch and get the right one that fits you. Anyone who tells you "Buy X mask" without you first trying it on is a goober who doesn't understand dive gear.

---------- Post added February 18th, 2015 at 09:13 PM ----------

The Hollis M1 gets my vote. I tried about 10 different mask and it worked perfect for me.

My point exactly. It worked perfect FOR HIM. Not necessarily FOR YOU

Hi,

I am in the market for a new mask. The one that I use is not able to be used due to a week skirt and failure under pressure.

Masks also have trouble fitting my face at least the one that I currently use. It is over 10 years old. It may be part of the problem.

I am looking for a low volume mask
I have no need for prescription lenses, my eyes are ok
I would like a mask that can be removed and replaced under water with minimal effort
The mask must also function in a cave or wreck environment

I realise that there are many choices, and some may recommend that I look to what my needs are and try some on in store to see what fits.

I would like to know what mask you think I should buy.

Thanks for the help

Can I recommend this mask? Very low volume, excellent visibility (because the glass is so close to your eyes) and if it does not fit and is not comfortable, we accept returns.

The MAKO Minimus Mask.

The mask strap attaches to tabs on the mask skirt. This eliminates the potential for breakage along the frame that many light weight masks are prone to. It makes the "mini" perfect for a back up mask as well, because the skirt can be folded flat against the glass, making a very thin, compact package that can be stored in a pocket. I've had the mask to 147 ft.

We have no retail stores in the US so our MAKO Direct price is very competitive.

You've love this mask (for scuba or freediving) or we take it back..

thanks

Dano

Minimus "Mini" Freedive Mask | MAKO Spearguns

MMM-2.jpg

Does Mako pay for return shipping? If so, this would be a valid option if time is not a factor. --Granted you might do like the guy above and try 10 masks before finding the right one. That's a lot of shipping time. :)

Thanks for the responses. I will be looking at the Hollis M1. I will also examine the Mako Mask

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom