Please Share Sea Hunt Memories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most recent memory. I was on a dive boat down the inside passage this summer with a very special passenger on board, Zale Perry. Zale has an elegance and charm that is both subtle yet quite overwhelming. She led hikes up and down mud slick trails, doing trail maintenance along the way! She swam against the current of a salmon stream with brown bears looking down from above (that's a grizzly for those of you not from AK). She frolicked in the icy waters of the tidewater glacier in a wetsuit. She also shared some of her memories of the show and her life in diving. She is truly a class act.

I recall when Mike Nelson fought underwater, he usually ended up ripping the other guy's mask off or cutting his regulator hose.

I loved the show

Did you ever notice that it was the exhaust hose that was cut?:wink:

Gary D.

I, too, watched "Sea Hunt." It was interesting, but not the driving force in my diving (Cousteau was far more an influence). It was years after I moved to Catalina in 1969 that I realized the pinnacle rock on the left side of our little bay on which my marine bio lab sat was the very same rock that the boat used to pass by at the end of each episode. And of course I still go by it almost every time the King Neptune goes out, and still dive a number of the dive sites used in the "Sea Hunt" series.

My brother and I loved the show. My mother wasn't all that impressed, but she still made SCUBA tanks for her two tiny frogmen from empty Quaker Oats boxes. We dived all over the house. Sea Hunt was my favorite show and it did inspire me to learn to dive.

As Nemrod said they come up on ebay every now and then although I have not seen them recently. There was some talk about releasing them from Paramount? I've not heard anything else. But he's right. The ones that come up are usually copies made from tv or at festivals like the one at portage quarry in Ohio. At their annual legends of diving show- I believe Dale was there this year, a guy from canada has all 155 and he shows them on a big screen all day and night. I'm not sure if all the original films are even available to remaster and release but I'm not privy to that info anyhow. Still I'd like to have all the episodes. Just gonna keep watching for em to pop up. I was also told that they were being aired in one market, not sure which, on one of those local cable stations awhile back. If anyone has any info please post it.

Amazon lists 4 available sets of 128 episodes on 32 DVds for about 120 dollars, but the reviewers said the quality was uneven at best.

My brother and I loved the show. My mother wasn't all that impressed, but she still made SCUBA tanks for her two tiny frogmen from empty Quaker Oats boxes.

So is that still how you still get your fiber? :rofl3:

Gary D.

My mother in law told me how my husband would strap an empty bottle of bleach to his back and go by himself to the attic were he would practice "cave diving" with his mask, snorkle and fins.
So he started freediving in the waters of NC and before turning 15, crossed over to scuba diving, I don't think he ever turned back.
Custou had a great influenze also but there is something about the theme song of SeaHunt that will make him stop anything he is doing.

I liked Sea Hunt also but never got into bleach bottle wrapping, maybe because there was no attic in the house I grew up. My diving life evolved from surfing.... actually attempting to surf would be more accurate. After a couple of years battling with a surfboard I realized I spent more time underwater than on the board.

Back
Top Bottom