Please Review this rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thethumper once bubbled...
All these file views & only 1 comment?

Whaz up wit that? :confused:

Nice color! It's hard to tell much else with only a fuzzy one sided view of things. The black hoses are hard to see the complete routing.

Work on your photography, provide more contrast and views from more than one angle and maybe we'll have something to say! :wink:

I agree with Dee.

I took the time to look at all the pictures right after you posted them but couldn't make out much except that the wing is blue and the regs are Posidon... and so I figured I didn't have anything to say.

Why not give us a description of what we are seeing?

1. High pressure hose should run in front of the wing, not behind.
2. Backup regulator hose should pass between the wing inflator hose and harness left shoulder strap.
3. Inflator mechanism should be reversed so that the inflator hose runs next to your neck.
4. Primary regulator hose needs to run down behind the wing, then back up.

But seriously dude, the regulators and wing are horrifying. I would not get in the water with that gear.

-Nick

nradov once bubbled...
But seriously dude, the regulators and wing are horrifying. I would not get in the water with that gear.

-Nick
Care to share an opinion on why the regs and wing are horrifying - hopefully something more constructive than they're not Apeks and Halcyon? :confused:

What sort of wing is that anyway David?

As everyone else has said, it is hard to see exactly what you have rigged there, but I would like to offer up one thing I found with rigging duals. Get away from the hose protectors. In a setup like that, you aren't twisting them constantly like a single tank rig can do. And the hoses will actually have less stress on them without the protectors, which are sitting against the tanks. Also hose protectors depending on brand, can create enough bulk to pinch the top of your wing/bladder and give you fits with air being trapped. It also makes it cleaner and a lot easier to get a good bubble check from your buddy.

Dont try and bring that rig to the UK. The tanks colour is our official O2 colour scheme!!!!!

How long is the primary Reg hose?

I also dont like the way the hose protectors are bent, in this case would removing them allow more freedom to the hoses and hence less strain?.

After 25 years of always using hose protectors I've stopped doing so as they hide more than they prevent. Had less problems in last 3 year this way and can always see state of whole hose

PS I like the blue. Only sad SEAL wannabees need black everywhere

Your regs are fine and are the same as I've been using on my twins and cave diving for 18 years with absolutely no problems

The keyboard in the first photo is rigged like sh**. It'll be slapping your leg, messing up your slipstream somethin' fierce and it screams (key)stroke. :p

Sorry...I just couldn't resist it.

I'd lose the hose protectors. Hoses look clean, but they are Odins/Jet Streams. :)

Eric

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Care to share an opinion on why the regs and wing are horrifying - hopefully something more constructive than they're not Apeks and Halcyon? :confused:

What sort of wing is that anyway David?

It's A DR Classic Roo.... Sorry about the quality of the pics. It was a little late & I was a little bleery-eyed. I'l try to post to my web site in a bit. Maybe that would have been better to begin.

Gee... Thanks UP. :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom