Please Review this rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny that in the UK (where they are made) most circles consider the Apeks the poor mans version of the Posiedons

Both are superb regs and the only people that will tell you to get rid of the jetstreams are people who have never had the benefit of an ambidextrous reg

By the way, if you rig your reserve reg over your left shoulder, it sits far better and even more out of the way of your long hose around the neck and avoids so many hoses behind your head blocking access to the valves. But of course the Apeks brigade cant do this so its probably not DIR (but still is sensible)

Ignore the comments and stay with the Posiedons. They work very well at any depth (mine have been to 143m) and are extremely reliable.

The new Posiedon xstreams are the ONLY reg that meets the European CE 50m gas supply and breathing resistance test at 150m. No other reg meets it at 100m even

I really liked the flowers and greenery in picture "C". Does it help attract the fish?:wink:

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I'm not much help on the gear, though. It looks like its routed correctly. I'd follow the advise about the hose protectors and ignore the part about chunking the regs.

Jarhead

Green_Manelishi once bubbled...
1) the pictures on yourt web-site are still a bit fuzzy

2) is that a pull-dump on the corrugated hose?:confused:

3) remove the hose protectors

Sorry about the quality. It's a web cam. I spent all my $ on dive gear & can't afford a digital camera.

Yes it is a pull dump. It's disabled & the plain elbow will be here monday to replace it.

I've come to that conclusion.

one thing that's real important, and was mentioned previously, is to route your HP hose in front of the wing, not behind it.

If your HP hose is the correct length and is behind the wing like you have it in the pics then when you inflate the wing a bit you might not have enough hose to read your SPG. Running it in front of the wing solves the potential problem.

I learned this the hard way, at 260'.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...
one thing that's real important, and was mentioned previously, is to route your HP hose in front of the wing, not behind it.

If your HP hose is the correct length and is behind the wing like you have it in the pics then when you inflate the wing a bit you might not have enough hose to read your SPG. Running it in front of the wing solves the potential problem.

I learned this the hard way, at 260'.

WW

From the Reg to the gauge is about 34". It's the hose that came w/the 2 gauge pod.

thethumper once bubbled...

From the Reg to the gauge is about 34". It's the hose that came w/the 2 gauge pod.

24" is the standard so you might get away with behind the wing routing with such a long hose but I'd run it in front anyway.

WW

turning the 1st stages back to vertical & moving the inflator hose to the left side of the reg (R post 1st stage) & moving the back-up 2nd to the right side of the reg (L post 1st stage) be better?

Ok.... I ditched the hose protectors. Put the infator hose between my head & the hose.

I dove Orange Grove this afternoon. I am diving twin 3300psi Catalina 80's. 35# -5.8 full, "0" (neutral) empty. I started out w/3900psi on a 300 bar DR man. w/iso. I dive a Goldcore 3mm 1 piece & the Goldcore 5mm "shorty" farmer john. I have an Al DR BP & Classic wing. I wore NO weight & SANK LIKE A CINDER BLOCK. Not to mention the best part, I was Soooooo head heavy I couldn't get horizontal. I was totally head donw/feet up. I put a weight belt on w/2 4# weights & that seemed to help a little, but the air I had to but in the wing.... Ughhh. The bands are as high on the tank as I can get them..... What to do???????????:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom