Please recommend a dive operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys talking about Cathedral with the red sponges in the shape of a cross that isn't there anymore?
Nope. A DM told me that the "throat part" ( 00.35 on the video) was covered with a reddish pink color sponge and that's how the Devil's Throat got its name. But like I said it would be hard to believe that it would all be gone and not even a little red would be left. I thought the cross was white? It's hard to believe that a little swim thru can have such a huge reputation. It takes all of 2 minutes to go through it, and that's swimming slowly!

If you were in Cathedral and thought you were in Devil's Throat you might think it was more of a cavern. Maybe?

I like the dive. Thought it was pretty cool. It's deep, dark, narrow, you can't see the exit until near the end and the small exit looks cool because of the blue water contrast to the inside of the swim through. I wouldn't want to do it with a boat full of divers.

I would have assumed the name came just the drop down part resembling a throat, and the devil just sounds good.

We've got red, yellow and white for the sponge color, any others?

[video=youtube;EY39fkmqKBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM[/video]
Gingers have no soul.

Contact scubadu, ask to dive with Hector!! We went blind ( visited from across the globe), and we were lucky to dive with him!!! We asked for Hector for the second day of diving and we were very happy we did so!! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!!

I owe him nothing. I just like to promote good professionals with a human touch in their behavior!

My 2cent!!

I wish you a great time.

Vangelis

Back
Top Bottom