Please help me out of the dog house!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes indeed! When I got married, my wife picked these really nice gold and diamond rings. Well, I worked at a job (electrical) that also included some fairly heavy work. So I would leave my ring at home, which drove her crazy. I was afraid I'd lose it if I was taking it off at work, besides the fact it was a nice conductor or could have been mis-shaped by the lifting I was doing. I bought 2 cheap silver bands that I wear (one is a spare). That way; I'm wearing my wedding band, can take it off when needed, and if I lose it, no big deal. One of my better compromises to keep the peace. :)

As a jeweler, two times I have seen hands long after the ring on them had become an electrical conductor. Take it from me, when rings are melted by electricity, the scarring is wicked!

Any rings come off whenever I am working with heavy tools, power equipment, or electricity. By the way silver is an awesome electrical conductor too, and sterling is lots softer than 14K so more likely to become seriously distorted by heavy stresses, like lifting.

Just a friendly observation.

Good luck finding the ring, Al. What sort of bottom is there in that area? Soft silt, etc, it may pay to rent an UW metal detector, cause gold is dense, and tends to quickly sink in soft muck.

Hi scubaboard community, I have not been back here in a while, and i must say I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you so much for your replies and suggestions. Thank you so much to DaleC for your 74min dive. This whole ordeal has really made me realize just how wonderful and connected we earthlings (most of us anyway) really are.
I have still not located a rental UW metal dector and am of course willing to pay for what ever i need to , to recover this ring. My number is 604 898 5170. Cheers Al
And thank you once again. This is heartwarming stuff just to know others care about others. Peace, Al

Back
Top Bottom