Please Help looking for advice on Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last thing I would advise a new diver to buy is a computer. A depth guage, spg, and watch is all you need. Buy a computer when you have gotten buoyancy, trim , and planning down. And have the discipline to stick to a plan. A computer is not a necessity or even a convenience. It's a luxury item.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

That is actually not a dumb question, If you have a standard inflater (Not the integrated inflator/octo types like the AIR 2) then yes everything is standard. If your BC has an integrated octo then no it is a special connector. Personally I'd get a bp/w and stay away from the integrated inflator/octo's

This is not entirely true either. While the connection on a standard power inflator may be standard the hose length is not. When you purchase a BC, it comes with an inflator hose sized to the corrugated hose. Using a different size hose may work but it is not optimal.

ams551 it still works and there is a reason they use corrugated hose so the hose can extend and retract.

ams551 it still works and there is a reason they use corrugated hose so the hose can extend and retract.

As I mentioned it may work but is not optional. However many corrugated hoses do NOT extend and retract. For example my Halcyon does but my Express Tech doesn't.

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2013 at 07:11 PM ----------

The last thing I would advise a new diver to buy is a computer. A depth guage, spg, and watch is all you need. Buy a computer when you have gotten buoyancy, trim , and planning down. And have the discipline to stick to a plan. A computer is not a necessity or even a convenience. It's a luxury item.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Another reason to defer the computer buying decision, is that when they change models you can get one deeply discounted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom