Please Help a Newbie Pick his Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
I can teach you how to use a snorkel and you'll never want to use a "dry" snorkel again.

Perhaps you'd be able to put into words (for those of us that are not likely to be able to travel to you) what you'd advise as to technique?

edit: oops...maybe you did that already...I see something above...(that I read after your original note).

Cheers,

Sean

scubasean once bubbled...

Perhaps you'd be able to put into words (for those of us that are not likely to be able to travel to you) what you'd advise as to technique?

Cheers,

Sean

It appears that he did.

I have just gone through a serious illness that did a lot of damage to one of my lungs

Please double check with a doctor to make sure you are ok to dive. This statement makes me wonder...

TwoBit

walter,
for pure and simple snorkeling i know a lot of people who prefer a dry snorkel which requires absolutely no technique. personally, i own a j although i seldom use a snorkel. thanks for describing the clearing method. i will definitely try it next time i snorkel. that should also get the whale watchers off my back.

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...

Please double check with a doctor to make sure you are ok to dive. This statement makes me wonder...

TwoBit

I really appreciate your concern TwoBit. I have been fighting this and the Doctors for 2 1/2 years. If you listen to them too much they will keep you an invalid until you die. I'd rathe rgo out on my own terms. I won't make a dive before I am convinced that i have sufficiently rehabilitated myself. thats why I wanted to get gear that would work well for Snorkeling and messing around but still be good when I get to the point where my wind is good enough to dive. I've got a lot of work to do before that happens. Hopefully that will be in the next six months. Again thanks for the concern and happy diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom