Please clarify

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkmasterbc

Contributor
Reaction score
Am I way off thinking that backplates come in different sizes...
I had an argument with someone today and was definetly under the impression that there were bigger ones for taller bigger people ? Or was it all just a dream.

sharkmasterbc:
Am I way off thinking that backplates come in different sizes...
I had an argument with someone today and was definetly under the impression that there were bigger ones for taller bigger people ? Or was it all just a dream.

But you gotta be stretch Armstrongh to really need a long one.

I'm 5'8: on a good day - and guys who are 10" or more taller than I dive with the same plate.

K

There's usually 3 sizes available - but most people get away with using the medium plate. I'm 6'4" and use a medium plate, but have not tried a "tall" plate to see if there's any benefit for me (happy with the medium).

OTOH my fiancee is 5'0" and the medium plate digs into her hips - she would need a short plate if she dived one.

Scubaroo:
There's usually 3 sizes available - but most people get away with using the medium plate. I'm 6'4" and use a medium plate, but have not tried a "tall" plate to see if there's any benefit for me (happy with the medium).

OTOH my fiancee is 5'0" and the medium plate digs into her hips - she would need a short plate if she dived one.
Fred T makes a real long back plate, and a short one as well. E-mail him and he'll send you exact dimensions and who fits what.

I have a spare Halcyon b/p if you want to try a "standard" one out, let me know.

thanks for the responses...I have settled the arguement :eyebrow:

Brian thank you for the offer but the shop should have the first Halcyon order in sometime next week and I will be purchasing a BP/wing (think I'm gonna go with the eclipse)
we just got a booster as well so 100% O2 fills to 3000psi are now possible. :icon10:

Has anyone (besides me) tried the Zeagle BP ? when it first came out the edges were not rounded so they could possibly cut into your suit or bladder....so we sent them back...now they come with some sort of galvanizing ?? or coating on them which has started comming off after only 20 dives or so...still trying to figure if it is rust or the coating that is the issue. IMHO I would steer clear of anything but high grade stainless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom