Please advise ( Florida )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Finally, finally , finally - we decided to forget a work, for some time, and go diving. Originally we planned to get back to Cozumel - we haven't finished there. Have several friends there and we want to see them again... but we are limited only to continental US for now.
I looked around on this board for FL destinations and the most of folks are talking about Key Largo and Islamorado.
I have several questions :
I have an impression that FL diving is famous for its wreck diving.
Does it mean that my priority ( choosing the sites ) should be diving wrecks? Or it doesn't really metter ?
// I'm trying to get an overall picture of the diving in Florida.
What about diving Key West/Lower Keys ? ( real question is how interesting is diving there, what i should be aware of and expect to find there ). Is it better/worse than Key Largo/Isla. ( i know it is relative, but what will be the difference then ? )

My schedule :
well, we would like to leave in next 10-15 days - no reservations, tickets nothing %) - so let's see how it will be. But advise on where to stay/where to go/where to dive will be greatly appreciated. We are looking for 7/14 days vacation.
Budget :
well, we spent ~$1500 - 1700 +/- for 2 of us for 7 days ( to dive Cozumel ) last December ( total cost on tickets/diving and lodging with meal ( tips not taking into account). And i really don't want to go over this this time, unless we will miss a biggest event in our life.

thank you.

P.S. Oh, yes, advise for the good DS with small (i hate those 2500000 people on board liners ) boats ( 6 people max ) will be very-very-very welcomed... :eyebrow:

You might be looking on the wrong thread, how about "North America not served by clubs" or "Florida Conch Divers".
When in Florida I have used "Quiessence" divers in Key Largo. As far as staying somewhere, I rented a Condo in Marathon last time we were in Florida, that might not fit in your budget. While in Marathon, I rented a boat from the Marina, tanks from a dive shop and we drove our selves out to Sombrero reef. The diving was great, a tank lasted two hours because it's hard to get below 30 feet. The coral was in great shape, and there was plenty to explore.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

thank you caymaniac. maybe you are right. Let's see what admins are thinking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom