Plaza Resort Bonaire and Toucan Divers Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mosquitos aren't a bad problem much of the year on the "desert" island of Bonaire, usually only proliferating after it's been raining. In case you didn't know, there are many products on the market that are sold specifically for the purpose of warding off mosquitoes, some of which actually work. Get enough DEET all over you and the mosquitoes won't even know you're there.
That's what we thought the few times we were in Curacao during the hurricane season...desert, dry air.....But when in Bonaire, it was like mosquito heaven. You know exactly when the bugaboo spray is wearing away (and you feel it frequent when dining in Plaza, with the wait being so long) when you start feeling bites again. It must be a thing by the water, since when chilling with the donkies or walking around town, we didn't get bitten once.

Good thing these mosquitos' bites stops itching pretty quick, unlike those insane and invisble ones in Roatan.

Nice report shame to see the lionfish right next to the coral banded shrimp. That is one of there favorite snacks so I hear

Nice report shame to see the lionfish right next to the coral banded shrimp. That is one of there favorite snacks so I hear

Now you tell me, after I put a banded shrimp in the same salt water tank as my lionfish. Honey, do you see the shrimp anywhere? No I dont.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom