Playacar Trip Report- Viva Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ejowest

Reaction score
My family and I just got back from a trip to the Playa Del Carmen area.
My son and I dove with Viva Diving and had a fabulous time.
I have to start off with the fact that this is our first diving trip away from our home waters of N. Cal. so we don't have alot to compare in warm water operations.
My son who is a Jr. Diver starting the trip with about thirty dives under his belt took the Jr. AOW coarse while we were back there and made a total of 10 dives.
We found Viva diving a great operation. The instructors, Divemasters, boat crew were all just great! The diving was great!
We were picked up by their dive boat right at our resort "The Viva Maya" for the ocean dives and even fit in a Cenote dive and a wreck dive.
The reef diving was excellent and our favorite dive was "Tortugas" wich was a flat reef that gave us the feeling of vertical sky diving with the drift. Many Tortugas, Barracuta, Morays, Tarpon, Grouper and of coarse too many reef fish to name. We even spotted a seahorse on one of the shallower reef dives.
There were many families staying at the Viva Maya and diving with Viva Diving and they are very accomidating.
We would dive with Viva Diving again anytime!

I would be interested in hearing some details about your experience in diving the Cenote. I plan to go back to Cozumel again next year, and I hope to do some different things, possibly including a Cenote dive. Please post or message me with some information.

Thanks,

Wristshot

Back
Top Bottom