Playacar - PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi ... just booked my first trip to Mexico ... will be arriving at Riu Tequilla in Playacar 1st week of March.

Looking for 2 days reef or wreck diving, with 3 dives a day if I can.
Also a third day 2 tank dive in cenotes.

So need some help from the knowledgeable ...

# who do I dive with, looking for a small friendly company, who are going to put on the right sites, maximum water times ... and most definitely not be one of the sausage machine centres ,,, that just want to turn out hundreds of try-dives, or get people in and out on their dives as soon as possible.
So far been given names of TankHa and Diversitydiving

# with only a limited number of days diving .. what dive sites should I aim to do, especially for the day of diving the cenotes

Contact Dennis Weeks/Pez de Diablo. He runs Aquanauts and Diablo Divers. He will hook you up. We did some guided cave dives with him last summer and are going to be diving with him in April again. He can be a little difficult to get in touch with by e-mail or pm, but if you call the number on his website during US/Mexico central standard time, you will get the shop.

As for cenotes to dive, I definitely recommend Ponderosa so you can experience the haloclines.

Tafflad get a hold of Dirk at divemex.com, He will set you up on exactly what you want.
The guides he uses on the cenotes are from Italy, France, Spain, and a few other nationalities.

If you change your mind while there within 20 mins to one hour, you will be diving what ever you want.

The money you save, You can give the divemasters and guides a good tip, I tip before My dive and they will certainly be more favorable to you, When ocean diving Bring tip to the captain and his deckhand (divemaster), tip your Divemaster separately.

Dirk and Anna
Will respond to you Imediatly, They can take care of all of your traveling arrangements, shuttles,land tours and so forth.

You wont be dissapointed.

Angelita Cenote is also unreal find it HERE

Chak Mool has a great swimthrough with awesome haloclines as well.

I dived with Maya Diving while out there, bit further south than Playa in Tulum. Very small groups for the cenotes.

is it normal to Tip DM's in Mexico ? ... never had this anywhere else

I didnt but Im a tight arse brit!!

I didnt notice any of the american divers tipping either though

like I say the cash you save through divemex leaves you enough to give a good one.
I left a good one and they took us on a dive that tourist dont get to do, once you pay and see that you have great dive experience, some of there deep dives are like Know where else in the world.

whoji If you would have, you would have been taken to some secret cenotes, remember money and dive experience talks the rest is just a dive shop dive.

Its just an alien custom to most people outside of the states. For example if you dive in the UK people show you "secret dives" out of the goodness of their heart. Tipping is just not really done here. Its a shame that places like Mexico, because of the American trade it is almost expected of you to tip. I dont mind tipping when Im in Florida as that is your custom but there its a shame its spread elsewhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom