Playa trip pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwardtxusa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
These are a few pics from my dive trip with Jason (Playacounrtyboy) Fantaseadive.com
and Rob (clambake), Rob (divingtigger), Rob (Rob from Nova Skosia), and Dawn.
A great group of Canadians to dive with!!

Had a great time, and hope to be back soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6213.JPG
    IMG_6213.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6371.JPG
    IMG_6371.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6374.JPG
    IMG_6374.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6377.JPG
    IMG_6377.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6378.JPG
    IMG_6378.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6379.JPG
    IMG_6379.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6383.JPG
    IMG_6383.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6384.JPG
    IMG_6384.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6385.JPG
    IMG_6385.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6386.JPG
    IMG_6386.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6387.JPG
    IMG_6387.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6389.JPG
    IMG_6389.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6392.JPG
    IMG_6392.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6400.JPG
    IMG_6400.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6432.JPG
    IMG_6432.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 30
That's me. There are goods and bads. The good is the vision is great. The bad is unless you are nearsighted you have to wear contacts to make you nearsighted. If you wear contacts now anyway then it should be no problem. I have 20/20 and had to learn to use contacts. My main problem was getting them in my eyes. Then you will need a set of glasses to reverse the nearsightednsss caused by the contacts so you can see above water when you are not wearing your mask. Hydrooptix sells interval glasses. I got some Bolle sunglasses that have clip in perscription, This worked well, because I like the sunglasses and can wear them when I don't have in the contacts as regular sunglasses.

Overall they are kind of a pain but I like them.

I hear HydroOptix is working on some so you don't have to wear contacts. If they come out I will upgrade!!

These are a few pics from my dive trip with Jason (Playacounrtyboy) Fantaseadive.com
and Rob (clambake), Rob (divingtigger), Rob (Rob from Nova Skosia), and Dawn.
A great group of Canadians to dive with!!

Had a great time, and hope to be back soon.

Say Hi to Rob from Nova Skosia for me. I met him at the bar at Mom's hotel a couple weeks ago. Rebreather Dave says hey Amigo.

Great pics Doug!! But I noticed in the top right picture of me (the one taken slightly from behind), there appears to be a faint white patch on the back of my head just above my mask strap where my thick mane of youthful hair should be. :11: You might want to have your camera checked out for malfunctions.

Thanks for the shots! Great memories to get me through this cold New England winter!

- Rob

Rob,

Sorry about your loss last night, Damn Giants took both of us out! For a game I really didn't want to watch it was a nail bitter to the end.... Hey sorry about calling you a Canadian but you do live north of the Red River HAHA.. (Texas Oklahoma Border) Current weather here today 82 and overcast. Its not Playa but I have no complaints.

There is a world of difference between watching a playoff win (Jacksonville) in Playa and a Super Bowl loss in Boston :(. Let's both take 'em put next year!!

BTW, I'm thinking of taking my mind off the loss by picking up a new camera and housing before I return to Playa next month. Do you remember the camera that Klaus had just bought in Germany and used in the cenotes? Might it have been the A720 IS. Took damn good pictures and I've been pricing out the A720.

No offense taken on the "Canadian" front, except the Canadians have been beating the snot out of my Bruins so fat this season. I'm holding out hope that the Celtics will pull through, and I'm counting down the next 10 days until our WORLD CHAMPION Red Sox pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training!!!:D

- Rob

Hey Doug,

Those pics are really good. Did you fix shop them at all or is that the quality you get with your camera? I still have to process mine.

Rob,
Thats straight out of the camera no Photo shop. For an Old Cannon it does a good job.

ClamBake,

All I know is that it was an A series powershot. I was looking at Cannon's web site and saw an A710is for $279 and housing for $240. When my son dropped and broke my A85 I got a new one on Ebay for $75.

Whats up with the camera you got for Christmas?

Back
Top Bottom