Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEACREATURE

Reaction score
My husband and I are going to Playa Del Carmen in October and are looking for some advice on diving in the area. We've been to Coz and were considering taking the ferry over for a day and doing our dives there. Are the dives in Playa similar? Read a lot about the Cenotes and will probably do those as well. Anyone snorkle in Paamul Lagoon, Yalku or Half Moon Bay? Is it worth the taxi ride? Does anyone know if the bus system goes to the area? Is it so good as to not miss it? This is not a dive trip, more diving and relaxation in the pool/beach with a few dive excursions.

Thanks for the advice!

Michelle
New Member/63 Dives

SEACREATURE:
My husband and I are going to Playa Del Carmen in October and are looking for some advice on diving in the area. We've been to Coz and were considering taking the ferry over for a day and doing our dives there. Are the dives in Playa similar? Read a lot about the Cenotes and will probably do those as well. Anyone snorkle in Paamul Lagoon, Yalku or Half Moon Bay? Is it worth the taxi ride? Does anyone know if the bus system goes to the area? Is it so good as to not miss it? This is not a dive trip, more diving and relaxation in the pool/beach with a few dive excursions.

Thanks for the advice!

Michelle
New Member/63 Dives

I like the Playa side better. Not because the diving is better but because it is less touristy. Dont get me wrong, Playa is VERY touristy, but far less than Cozumel.

Go to the Blue Parret for late night drinks, they have a great fire show there at 11 - 12 PM

And right next to the Blue Parret is Abyss Dive shop. They have a great operation.

If you are looking to do a Cenote dive I am still offering my 2 for 1 grand opening special for Scubaboard members :).

I don't feel that the dives are similar. The diving is great on both sides but differnet.

Feel free to PM me if you are looking for any information on the area.

Dennis

I would recommend taking a day trip to Isla Mujeres and diving the sleeping shark cave. Its farrrrrrrrr less crowded than Cozumel and the diving was great.

Pez de Diablo:
And right next to the Blue Parret is Abyss Dive shop. They have a great operation.

If you are looking to do a Cenote dive I am still offering my 2 for 1 grand opening special for Scubaboard members :).

also known as the blue carrot, or new farrot, depending on how many or their house specials you have enjoyed (officially known as the blue parrot).

An ex student and friend of mine Diego runs the abyss, they have recently opened a branch in Tulum. Top crew, all of them.

:06:
I dove a cenote with a group in tulum Mexico and it was quite enjoyable even for my ne diver girlfriend. She is pretty new to the sport and quite nervous. These guys were very patient and took their time in showing her the ropes. The dive was really neat and we had a great time. There website is www.hiddenworlds.com and tell them John sent you! :)

Im with a diveshop in Lousiville, Ky. just so you know I don't work with these guys! www.kydivinghq.com

im going to playa del carmen in like 3 days, and im pretty new to diving only 12 logged dive and not deep the deepest ive gone is 60 feet, but thats because im only 15 years old and my parents wont let me go any deeper. so does anyone know any good dives spots in the pdc area that are around 60 feet maybe a little deeper? and what i would see on dives in this area, or would it be more worth it to go to Coz? is diving in Coz for more experienced divers, or is there dives for divers like me that you can do there. maybe i can trick my parents into letting me doing a wreck dive if its shallow because i want to get into deep wreck and cave diving someday. thanks a lot for your help

charles

DiveExtreme22:
im going to playa del carmen in like 3 days, and im pretty new to diving only 12 logged dive and not deep the deepest ive gone is 60 feet, but thats because im only 15 years old and my parents wont let me go any deeper. so does anyone know any good dives spots in the pdc area that are around 60 feet maybe a little deeper? and what i would see on dives in this area, or would it be more worth it to go to Coz? is diving in Coz for more experienced divers, or is there dives for divers like me that you can do there. maybe i can trick my parents into letting me doing a wreck dive if its shallow because i want to get into deep wreck and cave diving someday. thanks a lot for your help

charles

Take the 9 oclock ferry and call the guys I dove with, ask if they are doing the santa rosa wall, and paradise reef dive you will love it. I will post their info later, they are not a cattel diving site, just give me a few. Also while your there do the hidden worlds cave dive, its worth the moeny and time, you will love it. I posted their site earlier, and I will post the other groups later on.
John

icyman:
Take the 9 oclock ferry and call the guys I dove with, ask if they are doing the santa rosa wall, and paradise reef dive you will love it. I will post their info later, they are not a cattel diving site, just give me a few. Also while your there do the hidden worlds cave dive, its worth the moeny and time, you will love it. I posted their site earlier, and I will post the other groups later on.
John

thanks a lot for the info, please post the info of the guys you dove with whenever you get the chance

charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom