Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveExtreme22:
thanks a lot for the info, please post the info of the guys you dove with whenever you get the chance

charles

Tony is his name and this is his website call them to let them know you are catching the ferry because they normally leave earlier. But if he knows you are coming they will wait for you.
I hope you get to do the horse shoe or the santa rosa wall, its worth all the hassles you have to go through. Fantastic dive. Anyway here is his site http://www.cozumel-diving.net/edds/ Anyway enjoy the diving in Coz.

DiveExtreme22:
im going to playa del carmen in like 3 days, and im pretty new to diving only 12 logged dive and not deep the deepest ive gone is 60 feet, but thats because im only 15 years old and my parents wont let me go any deeper. so does anyone know any good dives spots in the pdc area that are around 60 feet maybe a little deeper? and what i would see on dives in this area, or would it be more worth it to go to Coz? is diving in Coz for more experienced divers, or is there dives for divers like me that you can do there. maybe i can trick my parents into letting me doing a wreck dive if its shallow because i want to get into deep wreck and cave diving someday. thanks a lot for your help

charles
Charles: Lucky you to get to go this week. My next trip is still 10 & 1/2 weeks away :-(. The good news is that many of the drift dives around Playa Del Carmen are in the 60 feet range. In looking at my logbook the two that I took (Tortugas reef and Baracudas reef) I logged at 67 and 47 feet, respectively. Those were solid bottom depths... i.e I couldn't go any deeper, so it wasn't like a wall dive. When I was there I only had a dozen dives in myself, and felt very comfortable.

Just let your DiveMaster know what you're requirements are re: depth, and I'm sure they'll be glad to accomodate you. I also know there are a few wrecks in the area, but I don't know what depth they are.

Jerry

geraldp:
Charles: Lucky you to get to go this week. My next trip is still 10 & 1/2 weeks away :-(. The good news is that many of the drift dives around Playa Del Carmen are in the 60 feet range. In looking at my logbook the two that I took (Tortugas reef and Baracudas reef) I logged at 67 and 47 feet, respectively. Those were solid bottom depths... i.e I couldn't go any deeper, so it wasn't like a wall dive. When I was there I only had a dozen dives in myself, and felt very comfortable.

Just let your DiveMaster know what you're requirements are re: depth, and I'm sure they'll be glad to accomodate you. I also know there are a few wrecks in the area, but I don't know what depth they are.

Jerry

thanks a lot for the suggestions ill make sure to tell the divemaster

cancun mark:
also known as the blue carrot, or new farrot, depending on how many or their house specials you have enjoyed (officially known as the blue parrot).

An ex student and friend of mine Diego runs the abyss, they have recently opened a branch in Tulum. Top crew, all of them.

Unfortunately, Diego has moved on, so I think it's just Dave and Nicola running the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom