Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arbin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We going to Playa Del Carmen in the spring and plan on doing local dives, cenotes, and Cozumel. I am interested in finding out what the "must dives" are in those areas. We hope to make 10 dives during the week, (family vacation) so we need to budget our time accordingly. As you can imagine the internet sites I have been on can be bias, so I am hoping to get some first hand recommendations from some who have "been there, done that"

playacountryboy can probably pull the boat up to the beach in front of where you're staying.....

If not check for a dive shop right on the grounds where you're staying.

playacountryboy can probably pull the boat up to the beach in front of where you're staying.....

That's right! ...as long as the beach conditions are good, I can generally do beach pick-up in front of most hotels. :wink: Otherwise, my lil shop is as centrally located in Playa as you can get...check it out here: Playa del Carmen Map | Fantasea Dive and Watersports

Great, Hey I have heard that if you go to Cozumel that Santa Rosa Wall is one dive you want to check out....Jason, do you go there, and if not, what dive sites do you tend to visit in Cozumel?

Santa Rosa is one of the walls we go to. The wall sections on around the southern tip, Palancar Caves and Gardens, both have spectacular scenery. We have a couple do not miss sites on this side as well...Islote' and Los Arcos, as well as Tortugas and Moc-Che' Deep. PM me with any further questions, if you like. :wink:

Thanks for the info Jason, and bvmjethead...

arbin - I'm diving w/ Jason in two short weeks now!! When I return I'm sure I'll post a full review of my experience with him. Also getting a video so we'll have some visual evidence too. I'm confident we'll have a great time based on what I heard thus far and from speaking with him.

Cool, Byte Me...(ha ha thats funny)....All kidding aside, if you could let me know when you get back that would be awesome...have a great time!

In general, I found the Cozumel wall diving to be pretty much the same at all the sites. We had the best time in the shallow spots, like Paraiso, especially at night.

I didn't get a chance to dive off the mainland.

For the cenotes, it's really hard to pick one to recommend, because they are quite different. Taj Mahal and Ponderosa have the halocline, which makes for some fascinating effects, and some very different cave. Dos Ojos is white and decorated and very beautiful, as is Grand Cenote. Carwash is tannic, with dark-stained stone, and is totally different from the others. And that's only a short list of the possibilities.

I pray the winds blow in our favor next time you're here TS and M.:blinking: I would STILL really love to show you around our reefs here. :D BTW...the port has been closed quite a few times recently including yesterday....I'm drying out!:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom