Playa del Carmen - OW Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robustbrad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

First of all I want to introduce my self here being my first post. My wife has been a certified diver for about 10 years now (her first time diving in 7 years was at our recent trip to Mexico) and i'm just catching up by getting recently certified in Playa del Carmen this past weekend.

We dove a total of 4 dives over two days (stanards OW stuff) on three different reefs in Playa del Carmen with Jason at Fantasea dive shop. Jason was VERY patient with my wife and I being practically brand new to diving. We tested out my wifes equipment a week prior to going out in one of the local dive shops here in Colorado. Everthing worked like it was sapposed to ... or so we thought. As soon as my wife was down to about 40' her mask started leaking like crazy. Jason was kind enought to take off his mask and give it to her under water, then dealing with her leaking mask himself.

In addition to that we saw some amazing sea life. Numerous amounts of sea turtles, beautiful coral and the occasional Moray Eal. All in all it was a GREAT welcome to the diving world and my wife and I are excited about making many many more dives. Starting in Cozumel in May.

All the best,
Brad

Good to have you. My first ever dives were in the Playa area and I've been hooked since. I ran into Jason a couple years ago and had the same kind of customer first experience as you guys did. Really a big fan of his - highly recommended.

Have fun in Coz - when we were there last May the current was ripping and vis was poor (compared to normal) as a result. We still had fun though - can't wait to get back and hope to later this year.

Back
Top Bottom