Playa del Carmen, here I come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John4455:
Where do you fly into. I would guess Cancun maybe?

You can fly into Cancun or Cozumel. Check both for prices and flight times.

From Cancun, once you get out of the airport you'll have about an hour travel time to get south to Playa del Carmen. The cost will be between $8 and $65, depending on whether you want to take the bus, a taxi, shared van or private transfer. From Cozumel it will also be about an hour and cost you about $21 - $10 for the van from the airport to the pier and $11 for the ferry. The ride across is 30-40 minutes.

Debbie O:
www.aquaconnection.com
They are a full service dive shop with a newly redesigned boat. Open the lodging page and see the video of the cottage that they rent. $50.00 per night for 2. Great lunch served on board the boat. Rental equipment included in the dive price. You're gonna love it!

Nice website. Are you a new operation? I haven't heard of Aquaconnection. You refer to the dive op as "they," but from looking at the site, isn't this your dive shop and casita? :wink:

Guys remember now for cross to Cozumel island ferry boat have a new service "ekonoklas" (sic) and the price is only usd 4.-
The small boat cross there in 1 hour and without bar, but you can survive...
Be blue.
Mar.-

Funny, wish I had signed up here before now. I was diving with Dennis last friday (we did a 2 tank cenote dive at Gran Cenote and Taj Mahal.) He has been really busy lately, but he is well worth the time!!!! Great diver, and excellent service. Couldn't recommend him more.

Undermar:
Guys remember now for cross to Cozumel island ferry boat have a new service "ekonoklas" (sic) and the price is only usd 4.-
The small boat cross there in 1 hour and without bar, but you can survive...
Be blue.
Mar.-

I took Econoklass in December and I would not do it again with luggage. The weather wasn't the best and the crossing was a tad scary. I don't get seasick, but, several times the boat listed so badly that water came right in one side and then out the other. When we arrived in PDC it took them over 5 minutes to dock, and getting off with our luggage was not a fun experience. They used a ramp that was a big arch with a steep up and down pitch.

If you're crossing for the day in great weather and don't have more then a day bag or mesh gear bag, I would take it and save half the costs. Otherwise, take a look at the boat before buying tickets and make the decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom