Playa Del Carmen help ASAP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlcnuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I had booked dives for this upcoming weekend back in December (2 tank dive Sunday morning, night dive Sunday evening, and 2 cenote dives Monday afternoon for 3 of us). I was told they'd pick us up where we were staying. I reached out to find out what time they'd be picking us up at today and was informed that they didn't notice the deposit I sent them via Paypal and so, without ever talking to me since I sent the deposit, they have apparently booked a much larger group instead and can no longer do anything for us and refunded my deposit through Paypal (that they never noticed they got).

So, on this admittedly very short notice, does anyone know an operator in Playa that could support those plans or similar for Sunday and Monday? (already have afternoon dives scheduled in Cozumel later that week then cave dives for the two of us cave trained as well, so Sunday and Monday are the days I'm trying to get stuff for the three of us, including doing an AOW course between the Playa dives and the afternoon in Cozumel which I can't do if I only have the 2 dives in Cozumel available that week for the OW diver to do).

We've used websites by this same company in Cozumel and Cancun for a number of years. They are a reseller, so you'd have to check with them to see what dive op they use, but they can probably arrange for your dives and the AOW on short notice:

Dives: Playa del Carmen Scuba Diving

AOW: Playa del Carmen - Advanced Open Water PADI

Hi!
I mostly dive with Diversland and have recently done a couple with CenoteXperience and can comfortably recommend either. They might be able to pick you up, depending on where you are staying.

You can also try some of the larger Ops like Phocea, ScubaPlaya or Dressel. More chances of getting a packed boat and less of a say on where you dive, but one of those should have room. These own their boats, but are likely to outsource cenote dives.

For the night dive, WetSet out of Puerto Morelos does shore night dives, you can try them as well.

It is high season so you might have to call around a bit, but any dive op that has been around for a while and has decent reviews should be fine. I’ve found I like smaller cenote-focused Ops best, but of course they have a bit more limited capability.

contact matt at tank ha. pls tell him rick from canada sent you.

We had a great experience with Leif, one of the owners of Coconut Divers in Cancun, who works out of Playa del Carmen. He was a great diver and really nice guy. We dove with him pre-Covid, but he was well established in the area with a family for about 20 years.

Thanks everyone. The owner is working to get us others to dive with so I'm giving them a chance to get this all sorted out. I have heard from a recommended shop as well and will work with them if the owner can't arrange for us to do the dives we had originally scheduled.
Thanks for all the great recommendations.

Thanks everyone. The owner is working to get us others to dive with so I'm giving them a chance to get this all sorted out. I have heard from a recommended shop as well and will work with them if the owner can't arrange for us to do the dives we had originally scheduled.
Thanks for all the great recommendations.
If you get the chance, I would be interested in how things turned out. Good luck and be safe

I remember there being dive shops on almost every corner in Playa, at least on the main drag near the beach. I'm sure you can walk around and find someone to take you out.

So, I had booked dives for this upcoming weekend back in December (2 tank dive Sunday morning, night dive Sunday evening, and 2 cenote dives Monday afternoon for 3 of us). I was told they'd pick us up where we were staying. I reached out to find out what time they'd be picking us up at today and was informed that they didn't notice the deposit I sent them via Paypal and so, without ever talking to me since I sent the deposit, they have apparently booked a much larger group instead and can no longer do anything for us and refunded my deposit through Paypal (that they never noticed they got).

So, on this admittedly very short notice, does anyone know an operator in Playa that could support those plans or similar for Sunday and Monday? (already have afternoon dives scheduled in Cozumel later that week then cave dives for the two of us cave trained as well, so Sunday and Monday are the days I'm trying to get stuff for the three of us, including doing an AOW course between the Playa dives and the afternoon in Cozumel which I can't do if I only have the 2 dives in Cozumel available that week for the OW diver to do).

We dove with Scuba10 when we stayed in Playacar and were very happy.
JW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom